Saturday 11 May 2013

"I Wish" Poems



Hey Guys!!! I am back.

Today I want to share some “I Wish” Poems my class and I have been working on.


This is a picture of the 'I Wish" poem I initially wrote to introduce my students to this type of poem.



This poem allowed my students to view what this type of poem looks like.

·        They noted that each line must begin with ‘I Wish”

·        They noted that all lines did not need to rhyme.

·        They noted that the “I Wish” poem could provide clues to an overall theme.



 
After reading the poem, to identify sight words and other words they knew, students wrote the poem in their Poetry Books.
 
 
 
 
 
We have continued to write “I wish” poems each week. The students also draw pictures to go with each poem.
 
 
 

 
 
I am having some trouble uploading other samples of my students' poems. I will add to this post later.
Hope you are inspired!!

1 comment:

  1. Keep doing the great job u have been doing.... ZRK

    ReplyDelete